Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Honeysuckle Hills is not the last farm standing in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee area. There are still a few working farms around, and I was honored to be invited to create Roy's high school senior photographs at his family farm in Sevierville.

Roy's farm is not new to the local artist community. Several years ago renowned painter Robert Tino painted the barn and old family home place. The painting hangs prominently on Roy's wall.

My favorite image from our session involved Roy's Dad, Harold, and his coon hounds. We placed Roy with his shotgun smack in the middle of the field, then I waved to his Dad to turn the hounds loose. Talk about shooting fast!

Hearing Roy's Dad call up the hounds brought back a lot of memories for me. I can still hear my Dad's voice bellowing across our mountain ridges calling up old Bo and Sally on a frosty winter night.