The easiest way to decide which type of wedding is right for you can be found within these categories:
The Full Service Wedding Venue
The Traditional Wedding Chapel
The Public Park / National Park wedding
The Cabin Wedding
You may already know which category you belong to, but if you don't here are some descriptions and referrals to help you.
- More privacy in the mountains of Tennessee
- Couples only weddings, or weddings for up to 100 guests with reception
- More conveniences you'll need like dressing rooms, decor, and seating, tables, linens
- Wedding director included to keep everything running smoothly
- Spacious atmosphere with flower gardens, creek, and horses
- Choices for outdoor wedding ceremony locations
- Back-up plans for rain
- Venue only or all-inclusive options
- The southeast's best wedding vendors available, including the famous www.cheftonycatering.com
- The absolute best and most creative photography available
- Family owned, so you're treated like family instead of a customer
- Lasting friendships made through the wedding experience
- Pricing ranges from $1000 to $10,000 depending on number of guests, time reserved, and chosen amenities for the reception
- Sales tax is already included in our quotes
- Cabin rentals within five minutes of the venue / Hotels within ten minutes
- All wedding couples treated equally with love and respect
- Expect to pay a little more, since the quality of service is considerably higher
- Full service venues book more quickly, so plan ahead if you can
Honeysuckle Hills was created from my love of photography. Even if you don't hire me as your wedding photographer, I've landscaped my venue so that whoever you use will have endless opportunities.
I know how unorganized and stressful some weddings can be, because I was that bride's photographer before I built Honeysuckle Hills. I knew there just had to be a better way...
Every detail has been considered so that you don't have to worry about things like who's going to tell your wedding party what to do, who's going to pin on the boutonnieres, or who's going to help decorate. I also know brides want a beautiful outdoor atmosphere with back-up plans for rain, so we work hard and invest daily in our flower gardens and property lay-out. Our horses pull together the wedding experience even more.
There are definitely more ways to get married in the Smokey Mountains and Pigeon Forge, so if this type of wedding experience is not for you, read on...
The Traditional Wedding Chapel
- Cheaper pricing, with an average of $150 to $750
- Better atmosphere than your local courthouse
- Back up plans for rain
- Organized staff who can keep you focused and on time
- One-stop-shopping for dress and tux rental, flowers, and more
- Less time to enjoy the wedding experience
- Photography is exposed properly, but not creative
- Limited guest counts (they are usually too small for guests over 35)
- Some are more personal than others, so do your research and read reviews
If you want to stick to the traditional wedding chapel look and feel (the miniature mountain lodge / cabin / church appeal,) my favorite is Pastor Dale's Wedding Bell Chapel. This man is absolutely adorable!
- The absolute cheapest way to get married in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg
- Pricing averages $99 to $250
- Spontaneous romance
- If you love attention from strangers, you'll be the star of your own public show
- Quick, easy, and no-frills
- No back up in case it rains
- Permits required to get married in the Smoky Mountain National Park
- No photographer, unless the minister is open to using your camera after the ceremony
- No seating for your guests
- No privacy (even if you get married in the National Park you will encounter tourists)
Most of the same descriptions below can also be said of the DIY wedding venue (where you reserve the property but no one is there to help you.)
- You don't have to leave your cabin to get married
- Mountain Resort feel and atmosphere
- Everyone comes to you
- More private than the public park, but not by much
- Neighboring cabin noise (some cabins are closer together than others)
- Photographers have fewer opportunities and work in cramped conditions
- Challenges with parking and proper seating for the ceremony
- You must decorate on your own
- Guest count restrictions
- Chaos for weddings with guests without a coordinator
- Guests will linger a lot longer in your cabin than you may want them to
- Pricing is not necessarily cheaper over-all. You must put in the research time and work required to keep the costs down on your own.
My favorite cabin rental company in Pigeon Forge is owned by Dollywood, and you know Dolly doesn't do anything less than first class.
Wherever you decide to get married in East Tennessee... Lindsay is your wedding angel.
By the way... Garret is an ordained minister. If all you need is a minister and photographer to come to your cabin, call 865-774-7610 for a full cabin wedding package.
I hope this article has helped you with your Tennessee wedding location choice. The Smoky Mountains is the best place to get married in the world!
Still have questions?
Email me at email@example.com
You can also call 866-572-7724