Saturday, May 06, 2017

How to Find a Waterfall to Get Married By in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg



Searching for a waterfall to get married next to in the Smoky Mountain National Park?  There is basically only one way to get to a waterfall in the mountains, and that's by foot.  And your footsteps will be many, my friend, because the best and largest waterfalls are deep in the forest.  They are also on government property, which requires a permit for a specific time at a specific place, and does not prohibit other tourists from crashing the wedding.

If you are a free-spirited couple with a zest for adventures, you probably weren't deterred by anything I just mentioned.  (I love your energy!)  But... what if I told you that your wedding adventure could be even more exciting?  Wouldn't it be better to discover a less traveled path in the mountains to start your journey in life together?  One untouched by the millions of tourists that visit the Smoky Mountains every year?

There's a better way to have a wedding by a waterfall.  It may not be one like Rainbow Falls or Grotto Falls, but it can be close.  It can be private.  It can have the most touching memories and photographs to remember them by, too.

Let's start with the most adventurous location, Beeler Mountain.

This location is for the couple who wants to either get married or have wedding photographs in a private area in the Smoky Mountains.  My back yard happens to join the boundary of the Smoky Mountain National Park.  It's been in my family for 200 years... and once spread across 300 acres.  Eventually the government took back what it originally gave, and we're down to about 16 acres of land now.  Those precious few acres that are left explode with beauty everywhere...

In case you're wondering where the name "Beeler Mountain" came from, it happened when I married my sweetheart last October beneath a tall walnut tree in my back yard.  While I retain my maiden name to preserve the family history (kind of like what Dolly Parton did when she married Carl...) I married a man named David Beeler.  Since he hunted these woods with my Daddy when he was still alive, I decided to honor him by naming the mountain in my back yard after him.

Early spring through about mid-June is the best time of year to experience fuller waterfalls here.  In late summer and fall, it's still beautiful but the water flow is less.  (As it is with most waterfalls in the mountains)






Not all wedding waterfall photographers gear up like I do... but I have a whole lot more fun!



The second waterfall location is at our country garden wedding venue, Honeysuckle Hills.  www.honeyysucklehills.com  

Many of our couples still want the opportunities there for guests, receptions, and more back-up plans if it rains.  The waterfall here runs year-round, too!










I can help you book the perfect wedding next to a waterfall.  Email me today and we'll explore all your options for your wedding here in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  green.forest97@yahoo.com

The personal attention I can give you, along with the absolute best, most creative photography will leave you with no regrets.  If you're marrying the man or woman of your dreams, even if it's not the first time you've been married... I know it's most important commitment you're making in your life. For this marriage, invest in the wedding experience.   I don't mean the "fluff," I mean the quiet kind of atmosphere that allows you to enjoy saying your vows, and enjoy re-living the wedding when looking at the photographs later.

To book either of these waterfall weddings, call me at 866-572-7724.

Can't wait to hear your love story!

green.forest97@yahoo.com

www.honeysucklehills.com

http://honeysucklehills.blogspot.com/2017/02/elope-to-smoky-mountains.html



No comments: